5 things to know about Korean immigrant Young Lee and his brand.
1. Trouble finding healthy fast food on the road drove Young Lee to create Flame Broiler in 1995. Today, there are nearly 200 locations across seven states.
2. The oldest son, Daniel, manages the marketing and technology and his younger brother Christian oversees operations. The brothers also co-own a franchise.
3. All-natural chicken in a gingery soy-mirin “Magic Sauce” is the brief menu’s best-selling bowl. Other options include beef and tofu.
4. Young Lee personally mentors at-risk children and also sponsors the annual Orange County Heart & Stroke Walk at Angel Stadium.
5. Though the chain is based in Santa Ana, the first location still operates in Fullerton.
The post Dining Dynasties: 5 Things to Know About the Founder of Flame Broiler appeared first on Orange Coast Magazine.