Independence Day celebrations will look decidedly different this year, as COVID-19 concerns spurred cancellations of most July 4th parades, carnivals and fireworks extravaganzas throughout Orange County and statewide.
More events are canceled then proceeding, to be sure. But there are a smattering of shows still set for O.C., including in San Clemente, San Juan Capistrano, and possibly Dana Point.
Some cities in Riverside and San Diego counties also are hosting fireworks. While in nearby L.A., the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health nixed live fireworks shows countywide.
In Orange County, though, the patriotic spirit will go on as several communities are getting creative with home-decorating contests, aerial flyovers, online activities or virtual fireworks and concerts.
***PLEASE NOTE: Due to the pandemic, counties or cities may adjust or cancel events at the last minute, so double-check with organizers. Know of other events in the area? Post them on the Patch calendar or share details on our free Neighbor Post feature.
- JULY 4: OC Pacific Symphony July 4th Concert 2020: Virtual. Ends with fireworks finale.
- JULY 4: 4th of July Fireworks Extravaganza: Doheny Beach: To be determined closer to date.
- JULY 4: Ocean Institute’s 4th of July Fireworks Cruise: Tickets on sale.
- JULY 4: 4th of July Modified Parade & Home-Decorating Contest: Route to be announced.
- JULY 3: Celebrate 4th of July at Pretend City Museum: Group event is canceled, but museum will be open..
- JULY 4: Woodbridge Village Patriotic July 4th Celebration: Community festivities planned.
- JULY 4-JULY 10: 14th Annual Freedom Run on the Ranch: Choose from 1K for Kids, 5K or 100K Challenge & support local charities.
- JULY 4: July 4th Fireworks Canceled; Flyover Planned. Don’t miss patriotic aerial display with Condor Squadron.
- JULY 4: July 4 Cavalcade, Flyover & Digital Fireworks & More. Family-friendly, patriotic fun planned.
- JULY 4: 4th Of July Golf Cart Parade 2020: Laguna Woods Village. “Residents … show patriotic pride by decorating their carts, lawns, homes, windows and, yes, even face masks, and spread cheer by honking and waving as the parade passes.”
- JULY 4: El Toro Chargers July 4th 5K Run/Walk: Virtual for 2020.
- JULY 4: Show begins at 9 p.m.
- JULY 4: Old Glory July 4th Boat Parade. A patriotic, harbor tradition.
- JULY 4: July 4th Fireworks: This year’s show moved to new location.
SAN JUAN CAPISTRANO:
- JULY 4: July 4th Drive-In Fireworks Show. Register soon!
- JULY 4: July 4th Fireworks: Old Ranch Country Club. No information available whether the private club will host annual show.
- JULY 4: 4th Of July Fireworks 2020: View From Home In Tustin. Begins at 8:30 p.m.
Be First to Comment