You’ve likely heard a lot about the presidential candidates in the past few months. But your ballot is full of other decisions that could impact everything from how much you pay in sales tax to the leaders deciding which city services to cut during the looming pandemic recession.
Our staff has reported many local races of interest in Orange County, interviewing candidates and looking at the salient issues to help you make smart decisions close to home.
Here’s a look at some of the races:
OC’s Congressional Representatives
- 38th District: Two Democrats face off in 38th District race, with Rep. Linda Sanchez heavily favored to win reelection
- 39th District: Rep. Gil Cisneros and Young Kim face CA-39 rematch under very different circumstances
- 45th District: Rep. Katie Porter favored to hold CA-45 seat, but Greg Raths fighting to flip district back to red
- 46th District:Democratic Rep. Lou Correa battles conservative newcomer James Waters
- 47th District: Familiar names — Rep. Alan Lowenthal and John Briscoe — vie for House seat that straddles Long Beach and O.C.
- 48th District: Harley Rouda and Michelle Steel locked in tight battle for 48th District seat
OC’s State Senate:
- 29th State Senate District: Round 3? Ling Ling Chang and Josh Newman face off again
- 37th State Senate District: Battle for 37th state Senate seat reflects shifting Orange County
OC’s State Assembly:
- 55th Assembly: GOP incumbent Phillip Chen and Democrat Andrew Rodriguez in ‘toss-up’ race
- 65th Assembly: Incumbent Sharon Quirk-Silva holds solid advantage over Cynthia Thacker
- 68th Assembly: GOP incumbent Steven Choi in tight race with Democrat Melissa Fox
- 69th Assembly: Democratic incumbent Tom Daly heavily favored against GOP challenger Jon Paul White
- 72nd Assembly District race pits Republican Janet Nguyen against Democrat Diedre Nguyen
- 73rd Assembly: Republican Laurie Davies favored in 73rd Assembly District race with Democrat Scott Rhinehart
- 74th Assembly: Democrat Cottie Petrie-Norris faces Republican Diane Dixon
For more election coverage please go to ocregister.com/tag/elections.
Source: Orange County Register