Press "Enter" to skip to content

17-year-old arrested in Fullerton shooting that killed 1, sent car slamming into house

A 17-year-old boy was arrested in Fullerton Thursday, Oct. 21, on suspicion of firing shots at a car that later slammed into a house in May, killing a man and wounding another, authorities said.

Fullerton police made the arrest while responding to a request for service in the downtown area that involved the boy, who had been sought as a suspect in the shooting, with a warrant out for his arrest, Sgt. Brandon Clyde said.

The shooting occurred in the 3500 block of West Valencia Avenue, May 28, Cpl. Billy Phu said. Police were initially called after a Toyota Prius went through a gate and crashed into the front of a home.

Arriving officers found the victims inside with gunshot wounds.

Residents were inside the home at the time, but no one inside was injured, Phu said.

The boy was identified through a combination of video, witness statements and evidence left behind, Clyde said.

He knew the victims and had been in the car with them at one point, Clyde said, but it wasn’t known if he shot the victims while inside the car or if he had stepped out beforehand.

The boy, a Fullerton resident, was not identified by police because he is a minor.

It wasn’t known if the gun was found.


Source: Orange County Register

Be First to Comment

Leave a Reply

%d bloggers like this: